It’s the last day of January and winter finally decided to show up in Texas. It’s cold and icy and we are cozied up and staying off the roads for a couple days. These are the days of buttermilk pancakes, BookTube videos, pasta, re-watching favorite movies & reading cozy books. While I am enjoying some of these things with my hubs since he’s home from work, I am also working and trying to be somewhat productive! Part of that means gearing up for a new month. February is tomorrow and I have a ton of things I want to do in this second month of the year.
Last month, I kicked off my 2023 with my January Tending List from my PowerSheets. I intend to share these lists every month as well as my progress through the year. So in this post, I’m going to review how I did with my January Tending List and then share what I have on my February List! I hope this post gives you motivation as you plan and continue with your goals!
(this post contains affiliate links. see disclosure here)
I’m actually super proud that I completed as many Monthly Items as I did. Choosing small, easy tasks really helped me to build some momentum and gave me something to build off of.
- Of my 10 Monthly Action Items, I completed 6. The other 4 are started and at various stages of completion.
- Of my 5 Weekly Rhythms, I kept up with 1. Rhythms are hard for me. I get sidetracked or things come up and I put those rhythm items to the side and they never get done. Prioritization is super hard for me sometimes but it has to be done. I’ll keep working on it!
- Of my 5 Daily Habits, I completed none of them. BUT I did better in some areas than I have in the past. I’d like to have a completed streak but I’m satisfied a little progress every month.
Aside from the items on my list, I also completed a couple more items I’ve been meaning to do for awhile –
- Make homemade laundry detergent
- Make homemade body wash
As part of my resolution to pursue simple & thoughtful living, I want to simplify the products we use in our home both for personal care and household care. This is something I’m working on slowly, as I can. If I try to change too many things at a time, I’ll overwhelm myself and fail completely. I’m still trying out the recipes I made and once I figure out what works best for me, I’ll share them on the blog!
Overall, even though I didn’t complete everything on my list, I definitely made progress and I’m satisfied! Now let’s talk about February.
February Tending List
Tending lists are broken down into 3 categories –
- Monthly Action Items
- Weekly Action Items/Rhythms
- Daily Action Items/Habits
Here’s what I have on mine.
MONTHLY ACTION ITEMS
- Read 5 books
- Make sourdough bread
- Prep for Q2 Club 119 Bible Studies
- Plan spring content calendar for blog, IG & LWSF Collective
- Migrate courses & Bible study to the Collective
- Set up project boards in my Better Year Playbook
- Masterclass re-launch writing
- Complete all listings for January purchases
- Prep & file 2022 taxes
WEEKLY ACTION ITEMS/RHYTHMS
- Date night
- The Live Well Notes
- Sunday prep
- Meal planning
DAILY ACTION ITEMS/HABITS
- Quiet time
- Read 30 minutes
- Morning routine
February is a short month but I’m sure that even if I can’t complete all of these items, I can bet pretty darn close!
If you’d like to check out PowerSheets for your 2023 goals, there’s still time to start making Tending Lists of your own! They have lovely color options to choose from, including the beautiful Bluebird cover I chose for this year! At the time of this posting, you can get 2023 PowerSheets for about 30% off! Now is definitely the time to get your PowerSheets and start tending to your goals!
Do you have a list of things you’d like to accomplish in February? I’d love to know what your goals are for the month!
Leave a Reply