My name is Elyssa and Nalani is my middle name.
I love Jesus, my family, and books. And lots of other things too but I’ll get to that in a second. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, but currently live in Texas with my husband, Steven. I know it sounds so cliche but this guy is truly the bestest guy and I’m addicted to dating him & going on adventures (the photo below is from our trip to Glacier National Park).
I am a homeschool veteran of the nineties, back before homeschooling was cool lol. I’m a graduate of Thomas Edison State College with a BA in Communications.
I’m an audiobook & podcast junkie. I love music, carbs, planner stickers, water-processed decaf and mugs. I have a lifelong love affair with ink and paper which explains, at least partially, my planner addiction and great love of books.
Other Stuff I Love –
- Spending time with family & friends
- A cozy home
- Black & white movies
- Lazy Sunday mornings
Stuff I Don’t Love –
- Doing dishes
- Clutter (even though I’m often very cluttered. Working on it.)
- Avocados (I know, awful right? I’m working on it)
- Pho (favorite of my hubs)
- Ramen (also a favorite of my husband)
- Cleaning out my email inbox
- Whatever I’m supposed to be doing when I’d rather be reading
You’ll get to know more of me through posts and videos. I hope that we can be friends and have conversations about the things that matter to us.
Thanks for stopping by!