Hello Friends! I’m late in getting this blog post up for week four but here’s the video and all the questions :).
IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, SHARE THE FOLLOWING –
- Your 5 takeaways from your reading of the text.
WEEK FOUR STUDY & APPLICATION Q’S
1. How would you answer James’ question in 2:14? Why?
2. How does the hypothetical situation in 2:15-16 illustrate the relationship between faith and works?
3. Read Matthew 21:28-32. How does this parable of Jesus demonstrate the importance of a faith that does more than just talk?
4. Read Matthew 7:21. Write it in your own words. What does Jesus mean by this statement?
5. Compare 2:14 & 17 with Romans 3:27, 28 and Ephesians 2:8-10. Do James and Paul contradict one another in regards to faith and works? How do we read James’ statement in the context with the truth of salvation through faith alone?
1. How do you respond to the real, practical needs of those around you? Do you take actio when you know you can or just dismiss them with nice words?
2. Are you willing to give sacrificially to those in your local church? Why or why not? What do you think this says about your faith?
3. Is your faith one of lip service or is it characterized by faithful action?
1. Write 2:18 in your own words. What does this statement mean?
2. Read Deuteronomy 6:4 & Mark 3:11. Why is it important to acknowledge that even the demons believe in God? What does that say about us?
3. How does the hypothetical situation in 2:15-16 illustrate the relationship between faith and works?
4. Who are some people in the Bible that put their faith into action?
5. Read Genesis 22:1-18 & Hebrews 11:17-19. What can we learn about faith and works from the life of Abraham?
6. Read Joshua 2 & Hebrews 11:31. How does Rahab’s story exemplify active faith?
7. Both Abraham and Rahab ended up in the Hall of Faith in Hebrews 11 but their lives were far from perfect. What does that say about living a life of active faith and the grace and mercy of Jesus?
1. Is it enough to merely say you believe there is a God or that you believe in Jesus? Is that true Christianity?
2. Do you try to get on God’s good side or think you can earn your salvation by doing good things? How is this different than what James is talking about in this passage?
3. Make a list of how you can activate your faith.
HIGHLIGHT VERSE OF THE WEEK –
“But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works.” James 2:18 NKJV